Effective orientation program for all the models that have standardized on the Garmin G1000 glass cockpit system, including Cessna, Columbia, Diamond, Mooney, and Beech!
The Complete G1000 Course will help you transition from steam-gauge "round dials" to the Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA) glass cockpit environment. This interactive software allows you to practice becoming proficient in operating the G1000 from the safety and privacy of your home or office computer.
The intuitive software interface makes this as easy to use as reading a book. Computer learning tools in the form of cockpit representations and demonstrations of the tasks combine with a Part 141 and FITS-compliant G1000 course, which is given by Skyline Aeronautics and in forums around the country. In this way the software teaches you how to safely and efficiently use the G1000 without running up the Hobbs!
According to Michael G. Gaffney, President of Skyline Aeronautics in St. Louis and recipient of the 2007 Industry/FAA National Flight Instructor of the Year award, "This software product is a culmination of months of cooperation between the FAA, ASA, and Skyline Aeronautics. This cooperation and dedication to produce this excellent software product will truly benefit any pilot flying the G1000 integrated instrument panel by providing a professional scenario-based and student-centric training program that will lead to a safe and enjoyable flight experience, taking advantage of this fantastic combination of aircraft and panel technology."
You'll stay engaged throughout the course; you have the option of reading and navigating through the program yourself, or listening to the narrator as he guides you through the course. The search function means you can navigate directly to a specific keyword or topic for a quick refresher. Using scenario-based training throughout, each lesson concludes with a summary and a quiz to ensure you understand the material. A student record tracks your progress and at the completion you will receive a framable Certificate of Completion as proof of your accomplishment.
Achieve an effective scan, obtain an orientation to the screens, knobs and buttons, understand how to properly operate the G1000 and interpret system malfunctions. Applicable to both VFR and IFR operations, and all aircraft installations of the G1000. The Complete G1000 Course will help you master the glass cockpit from your computer and incorporate these lessons into your everyday flying procedures.
- Introduction to FITS and TAA
- System Overview and Line Replaceable Units
- Knob, Button, and Control Functions
- Powering up the G1000
- Primary Flight Display (PFD)
- Crew Alerting System
- Audio Panel
- Engine Indicators and Management
- Multi-Function Display (MFD)
- Flight Planning
- Autopilot Integration
- Instrument Procedures
- Emergency Management
- Modest system requirements means this course runs on most of today's computers...PC and Mac compatible!
- Four-hour comprehensive course supported with narration and more than 500 full-color images
- student record tracks your progress
- search function lets you navigate directly to a keyword or phrase
- separate mp3 files let you listen to the course on your mp3-player while away from your computer
- Includes glossary
- a short quiz concludes each lesson to help summarize the key points
- certificate of completion marks your success in finishing the program.